This type 409 bunker is a communication bunker. All telephone and radio links for fighter planes and FLAK racks (bunkers with anti-aircraft cannons) ran from here. The bunker operated 24 hours a day and, for this reason, also included a room where troops could sleep. There was enough room for 6 people. Some traces of former use can still be seen in the bunker including antennae and cable ducts.
This bunker is also a ‘küverbunker’ and is also part brick and part concrete. From the moment that the neighbouring Biberbunker was finished in March 1943, all radio and telephone traffic was processed there as it was much better fortified, larger and safer.