This is the only type M159 hospital bunker in The Netherlands and played a significant role during the war. A German soldier was seriously wounded during heavy fighting for the battery on November 1st 1944. The recently graduated duty doctor was not able to help the soldier so he transported him under a white flag to the British camp where a British doctor, John O. Forfar tended to him. The bunker is now symbolic of the Red Cross mission.
The Dutch army actively used this bunker during the Cold War.
Adjacent to the hospital bunker is a type 134 munitions bunker and next to that still a collection of army defence barriers.